Thursday, October 11, 2007

October’s Zizzle-Zot Reader of the month

October is one of my favorite months of the year, if not my absolute favorite. The celebration of Oktoberfest with steins of German beer. The cascade of candy and costumes that is Halloween. The flaming horizon, exploding with reds, yellows and oranges as the leaves, refusing to die without a final blaze of glory, emanate an artists palette on their death beds.

When I awarded the first Zizzle-Zot Reader of the Month, it was easy. Only a handful of people were reading Zizzle-Zot, etc., and P Corcs was the only one commenting. The choice was clear, and as the first recipient of the award P Corcs served the position well. His ongoing, consistent and insightful contributions to the blog are never overlooked.

As the months have progressed, the selection process has become more difficult, the competition increasingly fierce. Joey, Late Night and Werd (the 2nd, 3rd and 4th winners, respectively) have not relented in their pursuit of the prize, and the reality is that any one of these first four recipients would be deserving ROTM’s a second time.

In addition, we have some newcomers. Mr. Antagonist has been weighing in regularly and his thoughtful contributions have provided us with interesting new perspectives as well as some convincing counterpoints. Rumor is, he’s thinking about starting up a blog focusing on faith/agnosticism issues as a forum for discussion. I know there are several Zizzle-Zotians, myself included, that would be interested in such discussions and I look forward to his blog.

We’ve also had comments from Anonymous Brother in Law, Noah, K Han, Guess Who, and even the infamous Ryan Gallagher. We always like to hear from these readers, so I urge them to keep it up.

But there can be only one October Zizzle-Zot Reader of the Month.

This month I’m giving the title of Zizzle-Zot Reader of the Month to someone who, since breaking onto the Zizzle-Zot scene in mid-September, has been a devoted reader and commentator. Whether it be his rhyming couplet in response to Oscar the Ostrich, or his reference to P Corcs as Pazzle-toots (which made me laugh), he has exhibited a great deal of creativity in his responses, which is always appreciated. In addition, he’s won bonus for his harsh criticism of Nicholas Cage (who sucks big time), his advocacy of Halo 1 (even though he’ll never be as good as Maverick) and his fondness for Epic Duels.

Congratulations, Swajac, on being named October’s Zizzle-Zot Reader of the Month!

Swajac is a substitute teacher, a bartender at the Green Mill, and all around a kick ass guy. In his free time he enjoys frolf, hockey, ice fishing, softball, midnight swimming and singing country songs with Glen in Nashville.

Thanks for reading.

11 comments:

regnile said...

In response to your "worst actor" poll, my vote is Freddie Prinze Jr.

regnile said...

by the way, i finally found your blog, so you will continue to see responses from me in the future...

Anonymous said...

Welcome Dave Elinger!

Anonymous said...

Swajac, good work fellow teacher! You deserve it. How did Oscar the Ostrich go over with your kids, did you end up sharing it in class? I shared the poem with my 4th graders and they didn't know what the word "rump" meant, or "heinie". Se we had a vocabulary lesson as well and a few kids showed us some examples of both words in front of the class standing on their desks. It actually got a little weird and uncomfortable. Everyone has been pretty quiet today.

Anyway, good job, this reaffirms my decision to create a "Reader of The Month Club for Zizzle Zot" group on Facebook. I will get on that this weekend, maybe tonight.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Gruber, the Celtics look sweet. So far preseason highlights look promising, good chemistry.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a well deserved title swaj. It is awesome that you finally found zizzle-zot and have continued to offer insights and comments. We all love to hear what is going on inside the mind of Swajac. Ever since you started posting I feel like my daily quota of you has significantly increased almost like I am seeing you everyday or something.

I need to stop up at the mill for a beer sometime soon to get all the dust out of my mug!

You're the man!

Anonymous said...

Swajac,

I am very pround to call you a Fellow reader of the month, "welcome to the club." I can only hope that you will follow in suit of the past winners and continue to post. We all love you comments and rhymes.

Congrats buddy and i want to give you a quick handy next time i see you!

Anonymous said...

Swajac takes it home! YES...it's a beautiful thing to watch Zizzle Zot etc. continue to grow. I have enjoyed watching this growth from just a comment or two from Pcorcs and joey "insert daily message" ritchie (the patriarchs!), to now seeing names of virgin Zotians who I don't even know. And now with Regnile (which when I figured out who you are I loled in the middle of the library). Who know's how far this could go. Maybe Zot is the next Perez Hilton!!!! (ok hopefully not).

Welcome to the club dater!

Greatest quote of Swajac (and one of the greatest quotes in history for all of mankind)

"Let's hear it for Glen!"

Zot will you please write the blog about that night! So many hilarious things that night! I think that night consisted of 1) glen's great job doing whatever he was doing 2) 3 kisses (if you know what I mean 3) An invite for a fight right on the bridge from Zot to swajac 4) following the fight proposal Zot and Swajac running bare-assed across the sah bridge 5) late night enjoys a thurger!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

thanks guys...

latenight, I hate to wreck your beautiful image, but the real quote was, "Everybody! Give it up for Glen!" Which was soon followed by a large dent in my wallet as I proceded to buy Glen, his friends and fellow band members, myself, and my friends (and that day, fellow band members) a round of Good Ole Nashvillian Tequila...

Once again, "Give it up for Glen!"

Anonymous said...

For all those interested...

I put up the first post in my blog titled "Why I'm an Agnostic". It's pretty poor in its structure, but I'm hoping its enough to get the conversation started.

www.thomashelgen.blogspot.com

Or just click on my name.

The Friendly Liberal said...

Or this name.