Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Barack Obama Throws Reverend Wright Under Bus Figuratively, Literally

Late last week Presidential hopeful Barack Obama, seeking to distance himself from what has become a political train-wreck, threw his former spiritual leader Reverend Jeremiah Wright under the proverbial bus, condemning the incendiary statements of the good reverend as “divisive and destructive,” not “accurately portraying the perspective of the black church,” and “giving comfort to those who prey on hate.”

But fearing this symbolic denunciation wouldn’t be enough to dispel the apprehensions of race-weary voters, campaign manager David Plouffe convinced a reluctant Obama to literally throw the spiteful, spotlight hungry old man under a fast moving city bus, effectively silencing Reverend Wright and proving to voters once and for all that he no longer considered his pastor a close personal friend.

In a statement released after the gory incident, Obama lamented that “it’s unfortunate the situation escalated to such dire necessities, but if forcing the wrinkled old body of a largely irrelevant and historically ignored fringe theologian under the moving wheels of a fully loaded and incredibly heavy city bus was necessary to prove once and for all that I don’t hate white people, which should have been obvious since I was raised by a white mother and white grandparents, enjoy soy lattes and exotic cheeses, and have not once in my life said the word ‘aks,’ then so be it.”

The radical move serves the secondary purpose of demonstrating to timid Democratic superdelegates that Obama is prepared to play hardball against Hillary Clinton to secure the DFL nomination and, perhaps more importantly, will do what it takes against John McCain in the November election. “I’ve taken the first step by throwing Reverend Wright under a bus,” Obama declared at a rally in North Carolina, “now who’d like to see McCain crushed by the wheels of the Straight Talk Express?”

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa! Groobs... you're just the epitome of so many kinds of ridiculousness. Maybe Hillary should have thrown Bill under the same bus several months ago. Good stuff!

I was really interested with the whole Wright situation. I guess I really put myself in Obama's shoes. I have a really close relationship with my pastor (I think mostly because I agree with so much of what he says/thinks about God, Humans, Theology, etc.) I can't imagine knowing him like I do, knowing his opinions, and suddenly disowning him for "new" comments and ideas.

Did Barack really not see this coming? I still think he should have been concerned when he heard these things in church. How can you have a close relationship with your "spiritual mentor" if you think he's wrong about so many things?

Hillary really needs to drop out, and that's a completely unbiased opinion. This "letting-the-voters-voices-be-heard" talk is just bull-roar. CNN.com has a Democratic Demographic Calculator that lets you pick certain outcomes of the remaining primary contests and super-delegates. I've been playing around with it just to get an idea of how big Obama's lead actually is. The outcome of a Clinton presidential ticket is just horrifically improbable.

I also heard on the news last night that a predicted 2/3s of Hillary's supporters would not support Obama if his name where on the ballot come November. Just how separated is the party going to be?

You are all cute... and I haven't seen you guys in a long time. Changes.

Zizzle-Zot said...

I agree. It's time for Hillary to go away. Check out the "Keith Olbermann Rips Hillary" video at this link: http://www.slatev.com/blog.html for a funny take on Hillary's method of vote counting.

I love how she constantly talks about Obama's inability to get the votes of blue collar males, but no one mentions her inability to get votes from any demographic besides blue collar males.

I, too, am a little concerned about the split in the party. It will make things interesting.

Anonymous said...

Loved that video! We need to get Olbermann to write post for the ZZ etc.! That explains so much why I don't like hillary... finally! I guess the only criteria I fell under was not voting for Jesse Ventura in '84 or '88!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Post Groob Daddy!

I do agree that hillary does need to step down right about now. All she is doing is hurting the demo's chances of electing a demo pres.

Hi Torpy!

Anonymous said...

I hope Hillary takes this fight to the bitter end. It will only help out Mccain. I don't want either of those two foolio J's as president.

Sorry I don't write much anymore Gruber, shit's crazy!

Remember the days when we would have a blog every day!?! Those days were cool, but I'm sure extremely time consuming. But, at Boston Sci I guess you had a lot of that.